Piercing Aftercare Procedures at The Twisted Doll
- If applicable, remove bandage after 2 hours
- Thoroughly wash hands prior to cleaning or touching your piercing.
- Saline soaks are imperative for the first 2 weeks, at least twice a day (dilute ½ tsp. of non-iodized sea salt into 500ml of distilled or filtered water).*Non-iodized sea salt is provided at no charge with your piercing.
- Pour some solution into a clean, disposable cup and invert it onto your piercing creating a “suction” for approximately 5-10 minutes. Rinse away any softened “crust build-up” or salt solution residue with clean, warm water. In areas that may be difficult to hold a cup to, saturate a clean paper towel with the solution and apply it to your piercing.
- Dry your piercing by patting it with a clean paper towel.
- Do not use cotton balls or swabs as the fibres may become entangled in your piercing causing irritation.
- Do not rotate your jewellery as it creates unnecessary friction and trauma to the healing tissue.
- With oral piercings, rinse your mouth with the saline solution for approximately 30 seconds after eating, smoking or drinking anything other than water (approx. 5-6 times daily).
- During the first few days, it is normal to have some bleeding, swelling or bruising. Prolonged pain or discomfort may indicate a problem with your healing. Contact your piercer immediately with any concerns so you can discuss your options.
- Never use alcohol or peroxide, or any harsh soaps that will irritate the area prolonging healing.
- Do not use ointments as it prevents the necessary air circulation.
Detailed instructions are provided with your piercing in the Piercing Aftercare Pamphlet.
For further information, please call the studio at 705-586-DOLL(3655)